Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Heart Attack coming to Dallas...

There was a time, in my younger years, where stopping at the local fast food joint was the greatest thing.  Maybe with a group of family members... after a long day shopping with your mother.  A quick Chocolate shake in the heat of summer.  I can remember, there being nothing like the thin hot french fries of McDonald's.  Right?  I know you have had the same cravings.  Fresh out of the oil, as you watch the employee shake salt over the batch, you feel your mouth begin to water.  Hmm.  I can taste them now.  Can you? 

Well, that was in my younger years.  Before high blood pressure, and water retention.  You know what I am talking about.  Lets not pretend.  Boy, if I knew 28 years ago what I know today; I would have left the quick stops at fast food joints alone.  Or just ate smarter.  OK. OK.  If I had LISTENED then.. that would be more accurate. 
Me and my first born. 1983

Of course, when you are younger; you know everything.  The world is at your finger tips, and the saying "I seem to burn off fat faster then most" becomes a common wish.  One that you wish in your late 40's, were still true.  When the second child is born, you notice it is a little harder to burn off the "extra" baby fat.  But, with a little time, it does come off.  By the time the third, and last child arrives; well you feel all is lost.  Some how, you can no longer fit into the skinny jeans, and you begin to wonder if you even care.  Oh man let me tell you, life was a roller coaster ride for me.  I rode and ride the weight coaster till this very day.  But I am working on it, each day is a new day.

2001, 10 Yrs ago ~ My first grand baby, Garrett, is born. 

It is so much fun, only posting the pictures I want everyone to see.  There are some pictures where, I really let my self go.  But, those I will keep to myself; as a reminder of what I wont do again.  Like I said.. a roller coaster ride, and I am by far at the place I was 10 years ago.. But, again, I am working on it.  
Anyway.. lets continue..  

The reason I wanted to write a blog about Weight; and the control or lack there of it.. is because of something I read in the Dallas Newspaper.  It seems there is a new restaurant  Heart Attack Grill;   have you guys heard of it?  It is an Arizona based chain, that looks like will open in May; here in Texas, the Dallas area.  It seems, if you are more then 350 pounds (and weigh on a public scale) you can eat for free.  Waitresses are dressed up as Nurse Naughty, and customers are Patients.  The guy behind it all is named "Dr" Jon Basso, I have no idea if he is a real doctor or not.  But one of the burgers on his menu is "Quadruple Bypass".  Scary thought.  He doesn't seem worried about what he is offering the public.  And, well, in truth; no one can stop anyone from doing what they want when they want. Right?   I think, in a world where Americans are already having a weight problem, offering your customers to eat for free if they weigh in at over 350 pounds, is distasteful. 

2009 if I remember correctly. 
I mean, heavy people tend to have self esteem issues to begin with.  I know I did.  So, why single us out.. I say "us" because, I have been heavy, and battle it every day.  I am speaking for myself of course, but I hope that others will see this place not as a restaurant with their Welcoming mat out.  But a restaurant targeting us.  The people who struggle.  The people working to make themselves better.  It is like he is laughing at us, this so called "Dr" Jon Basso.  The last thing America needs, is another restaurant serving up more grease and junk to the public.  This is a direct quote from the Dallas Morning News, when The Boston Globe asked Basso, "Should the Heart Attack Grill be shut down?" He replies~ on his Facebook page... "This article is part of an ongoing vicious quest by a small but vocal group of radicals bent on usurping American freedoms, if you agree with my business practices, that's OK.  If you disagree with my business practices, that's OK, too."  Seems to me, he is trying to win people over.  Trying to make himself sound like a noble man.  I would imagine, a noble man wouldn't want to put another person on display, at his restaurant or anywhere for that matter, and to me; that is just what this "Dr" Basso is doing.  

Sure, you can do as you want.  You are free to make your own choices, and this is the land of the free.  I for one, am not going to give the Heart Attack Grill the honor of my presence.  I can hope, for your own self worth, you wont either. 

I am going to keep up the work I am doing, and that is making me the best person I can be.  And though I may not look in 2011, as I did in 2009.  My goal is to be healthy, feel good and live life to the fullest.  And that is just what I am doing. 

Oh yeah... behind the lens.

Just to give you a "Taste" of the Heart Attack Grill.. I researched the web to bring you these..


Owner ~ "Dr" Jon Basso
  
The Menu ~ and the Wheelchair is used to get you to your car...

~ Two Naughty  Nurses from 2009 ~
Sadly enough, the spokes person for The Heart Attack Grill, dies at 29 yrs old on March 4th 2011.. There is what the owner of the establishment said:

Restaurant founder Jon Basso tells The Arizona Republic that River was more than the larger-than-life caricature he portrayed in promoting the restaurant in Chandler, which includes huge hamburgers, milkshakes and fries cooked in lard on its menu.

Basso says River was a creative genius who had been planning to take part in the shooting of a promotional spot called, "Heart Attack Grill: The Musical."


"Even if he was skinny we would have given him the job," Basso told the newspaper. "We would have just put a fat suit on him. He just had personality."


Friends of 29-year-old Blair River say he died Tuesday, possibly from contracting pneumonia after a bout with the flu.

The 6-foot-8 River was an Arizona state heavyweight wrestling champion in 1999.


Now.. from all the news reports I read on line it doesn't not seem the Heart Attack Grill is responsible for the Spokespersons Death.  But, do you think if the spokesperson had been served healthy food; that he might be alive today?  Food for thought; huh?  29 years old.  Poor kid.  

Joslinda 


Hey*** What do you think of the Heart Attack Grill?  I would like you to check them out, online that is.  Let me know what you think.  I would really like to hear your view.

No comments:

Post a Comment