Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boots. Hats. Chaps. Oh My!!


Here I have been, in Texas for 2 years now, and I've yet to attend a rodeo.  How has that happen?
To top if off, I don't have a single pair of cowgirl boots.. Now, how does some one move to the state of longhorn bulls, corn fields, wheat, and farming.. yet never shop for boots?  I think there should be a Cowgirl  Cowboy Check point when driving into Texas.  Lets, not forget, a Get Her Done Shop, so we will be well equipped when we enter the Lone Star State.   Some one who can tell people, like me, what is needed.. and of course stay with them so they get the proper items. 

 Have you looked at boots lately.  I mean, what are the right and wrong boots?  What is the right and wrong color?  Goodness sakes..  There are so many to choose from, I was bug eyed trying to take it all in.


I love the pink ones!!

I thought about this today.. Is there a particular style of boots a girl {who knows nothing about ranches, bulls, farming or, has even stepped onto a rodeo} needs to buy?  I mean, I don't really have anyplace to wear them to.  But, I might one day.  Who know, Maybe I will research out a rodeo, spend the day on a ranch.. something. I just think, maybe I should have boots, or a hat of some kind.  You know?

These are awesome!


So, what is the correct boot?  And hats, man sakes alive!! There are to many of them to pick from.  And I haven't even entered the store yet.  I wanted to see what I was in for, so I surfed the internet, maybe that was a bad idea.  Now, I am sure it wouldn't be a good idea to wrestle  a cow or bull {which ever you wrestle} in boots like these {only cause I've never seen anyone in the movies with these on}but, would it be pointy, or square, or maybe even round boots? Cause there was a real cute pair of heel boots that I seen online.  


One time, I was out and about with my daughter Tabitha.  We were driving on Hwy 77 when she pointed out all of this land.  The land belongs to one of her friends fiance'.  Then Tabitha pointed out two men on the property, and she said "The must be working the cattle".  Huh?  Working Cattle?  That sounding like foreign language to me.  A whole other way of talking.  Boy there sure was alot to learn.  The one thing I am sure of, is Cowboys sure are sexy.  There is just something about a man in chaps riding a horse.  Maybe it's the way they put their hand on the brim of their hats, and say "Mam" or the way the spurs ting as they walk.  I can't quite pit my finger on it.

Darn Tootin sexy.. I'd ssy


 
I don't even know who this guy is.
Just look at him.  
Now, that is a picture. 




 
How about this picture.
The chaps, jeans, cowboy hat.
Sure does look good on a cowboy.
Not many people can pull this look off,
but a cowboy... He was born to.






The pinging sound of spurs.  The sign of a hard
days work.  Just what is the purpose of spurs 
anyway?




I am more then sure, these questions are going to need lots of research. I will have to personally check out this new obsession.  In the mean time, I will watch.  Study the cowboys I see.  Learn the lingo.  Go into this with some kind of knowledge, like I know what I am doing. Well, maybe I can't pull that off, but at least I will be able to understand the terms.     Anyone know a good Cowboy/girl lingo web site....



In closing, I leave you with a picture that says it all.  Real Cowboys are born...

Hard working real cowboys.  This is the real deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment