Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Southward Travel....

I love traveling.  Like I haven't said that a time or two.  There was this day last week when my Sweetie asked "want to come with me?"

It was one of the best days ever! 

My Sweetie is busy from morning until midnight.  Well, getting home at 11:30pm is close enough to midnight for me!  So when I had the chance to see him in action, and take in the sights, I jumped right on it.

On this day, which was two days after Tropical Storm Issac passed through, our travels took us to Fort Meyers...

The sky over Venice, Florida...

Driving into the curtain of rain...
Tropical Storm Rain Bands....

Sky over North Fort Meyers...

My Sweetie hard at work. Our First stop....

We seen some of the prettiest places.  Wonderful gardens.  Outstanding Entrances.  Ate lunch with the sharks.  And found the place where All The Kings Horses and All The Kings Men live.

Let me show you...


Our FIRST CALL ~ North Fort Meyers..

Crystal Blue Water on the way to our Second Call...

Streets of our SECOND CALL..

Again.  Hard at work...

Part of the Rock Garden at the Second Call...

The Flower Bed at the THIRD CALL was out of this work pretty..


Nothing like a colorful Garden...
I've died, and gone to heaven!!

What could be prettier?

Palm Trees full of.....

COCO-NUTS!!!!!  I should have grabbed some!!

And this really GREAT looking Palm Tree..

And this shrub around the guard shack.. The THIRD CALL was great!!

Because we left in a rush.  Well, honestly.. I was the one running behind.  Neither my Sweetie nor myself had eaaten breakfast.  So around 2pm, we were ready to have a sit down lunch.  That is when I noticed this Quite Large Sea Shell.  Paul noticed a Subway sign, so we pulled in.  There was no Subway, but there was this great place that allowed us to eat with the sharks...

Best little Seafood place ever!!!




We ate in the company of this Jaws...
While this one watched our backs..
My sweetie ate plenty of fish {I even tried some of it!} and I stuck with what's familiar, a cheeseburger.  The restaurant was great.  I foresee future visits.  Once lunch was over, it was back to service calls...
 
In Fort Meyers...
At the FOURTH CALL there was really neat Eagle Art.. 
 
 
Isn't that the coolest thing ever?  The Eagles were made out of a type of tin.  Each one showing the Eagle on a fish mission.  Fitting, seeing how we just finished eating at a Seafood Grill.
 
The sky in Fort Meyers

Electric Arms and Gates
Fort Meyers was so pretty, and hot.  Very hot.  Yet, my sweetie worked like  champ.  See, because of the tropical storm, even if Issac didn't make land fall in Florida, with strong winds and heavy rain there was a big chance of power outages.  When you have control gates and a power outage, the gates will close and lock.  Leaving tenants and home owners stranded on their property... and in possible danger.  So, before the storm hit my sweetie went to Fort Meyers and disconnected the control gates and electric arms.  Allowing people to leave their homes in the event of an emergency.  He had 6 total calls.  Each call had two gate entrances, and some of the locations had two gates entrances and electric arms.  It was at the FIFTH CALL; where I found my finial resting place.  My mouth fell open.  My heart began to race.  I felt under dressed just sitting in the car.  Oh yeah, I may not be able to live there, but even if my ashes were added to their garden; I would live my next life in a happy ever after....
 
I fell in love with the lights that hang in the entrance..
 
The paint color.. the edging.. The fence style..
The Guard Shack...
 
The spraying water on both sides of the Guard Shack..
The full brick entrance and exit..
Oh and this relaxing water fountain...
 
Yep.  I love traveling.  I loved everything about this day.  Spending time with my sweety.  And seeing what I captured with my camera. 
 
Could you think of anything better?
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment