Sunday, September 9, 2012

Yard Sale Deals....

  Friday my mother, sister, and myself went hunting at yard sales.  We found some nuts and bolts to add to our collection.  Honed in on a GFI outlet for the hall bathroom.  Snatched up a handle for the new back porch door.  Spied and bargained down on a pot rack.  Wire cutter and stripper.   

  Saturday my sister and I hit the road early.  Yard Sales were our target, and we batted a thousand.  We used our power of persuasion, and picked up some pretty awesome deals.  Not only did we find wood screws {Watch out Holmes from Homes}... we found a Black and Decker cordless screw driver {for 50 cents}, and lights for the house {for $5.00 each}, Strikers for 2 doors {at 50 cents for both}, super duper cabinet handles {at a whopping 50 cents each}, a light house lap blanket {woo hoo for 50 cents}, some much needed Navy items {for $5.00}, a hamper {for 50 cents}.  We could have  Wheeled and dealed sellers down all day.

But to really REALLY see the deals we picked up, you have to lay eyes on the items...

Kitchen Cabinet handles...


Super Duper Cool.. right?

And these for the drawers.

 A smaller grip, for us powerful women...
The pot rack for my sisters growing plants...
now keeps my pot rack and plants company.
 
  You have to see the light that is currently in the dining room.  The first time my sweety and I walked through the house with the landlord; I gave my sweety a vision I had.  The green bedroom will have to be painted, the carpets had to be replaces, the light in the dining room and kitchen had to go, the back porch must be larger and a coat of new paint.  Not to say the much needed help in the yard.  Yah Hoo.  It is a dream coming true.  My sister and I are hammering things out.  Just take a look at these pictures...

Ugly old dining room light will be replaced...

by the pretty $5.00 yard sale light.
The "I don't know what they were thinking" light will be replaced...

with the other marvelous $5.00 yard sale light

My sister added Door Stops to all the doors...
That little up grade made all the difference in the world.
We hung new curtains in the spare bedroom..
And say good bye to the GREEN Room...
As my sister adds flavor to the space.

That is how we have spent our Friday and Saturday.

The painting continues today; Sunday.








No comments:

Post a Comment