Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Winds of Travel...


  The winds of travel have taken me to Tennessee.  My sister Marry Ann was going through a medical crisis.  It took one phone call and the words she spoke before I was in the car and traveling to her;  "Jos, I need you."   I only stopped for fuel three times, and by 11:30 pm we were pulling into her apartment complex.   CT Scan with contrast and a CT without contrast did not show any brain bleeds, so an aneurysm was ruled out.  Neither test showed signs of stroke.  The next option the physicians suggested was a spinal tap.  If by doing the spinal tap and drawing spinal fluid there was blood, than that would suggest a cranial bleed.  Two syringes were drawn.  The first one showed a small amount of blood so a second syringe was drawn to double check.  The second draw was clear. 

 There was no cranial bleed.  

   The massive headache she is feeling leaves her with dark shades on while she is awake, and sleeping in the darkest of spaces.  The lumbar puncture, better know as the spinal tap, has left her crying out in pain and at times, her legs unable to support her weight. 

 We have an appointment with a physician in the morning. 

  I hope someone can shed some light on what is going on.  I hate seeing my sister like this.  It pains me.  

Thank you so much for listening.


1 comment:

  1. A friend recommended me to this resource. Thnx for the resources.\nHere is my blog post :: counselling melbourne

    ReplyDelete