Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Black Top Travel...


 Oh the life of a girl.  Woman.  Female.

When I first started driving, it was a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere.  I washed that baby inside and out.  The undercarriage was spotless.  No really, I washed the inside.






My car smelled of Pine Sol, and the dash was clean enough to eat off of.  But no one ever did.  Ewe!!

The seats, were a flawless blue color.

The steering wheel, was chrome.

Oh, I loved that car.  It was in an accident.  Some drunk jerk totaled it.  I was crushed.


 Today my sweety worked on my Malibu.  She needed front brakes.  The car, not my sweety.    I could not wait until he was finished.

The car had been sitting in my mothers yard for almost a year.  OK maybe it was more like 7 months, but  that's close enough to a year.

It really seemed like a life time.

While I was cooking dinner, see my last Blog post Cheesy Tuesday, my sweety worked on the car.  Tenderly.  Lovingly.  Carefully.  In between cooking, I would check on his progress outside.

Not that I know anything about cars.
Or Brakes.
Or lug nuts.

Well, that's not 100% true.  Lug Nuts hold the tire on.  Right?

Any way, moving right along.  When it was all said and done, I asked my sweety what the old brakes looked like.


 I just want to turn the key and drive.  In fact when I picked up the new brakes; I asked the Discount Auto Guy if there were classes for women to learn about fixing cars.  I don't want to go to school for it,  just learn a few simple things.


 One thing I do know is, the brake pads shouldn't be flat like the one on the right.  These are the front brakes.  Hence the squealing and squeaking. 

I would show you how they should look.....

... but they are behind here.  I don't think my sweety would want to take all that apart again, just so I could snap the picture I missed.

The Malibu is on the road again.  I can feel the wind blowing through my hair now, while the AC is cranked up to high.

And the window is down some.

It's the OCD.

I don't like being closed in while driving.

Or riding for that matter.

Thank you sweety, for putting my baby back together again!!






No comments:

Post a Comment