Thursday, October 11, 2012

Life: The Changes in Day Two

  Moving right along with day two of my Life Style Change.  I found myself with a slight headache this evening.  I'm sure it isn't a rise in my blood pressure.  Know how you can feel that pounding in your head when your blood pressure is up, I wasn't feeling that. 

How sweet is this picture?  Love the effect of the taxi in the back ground and the man on the street corner looking at the ladies.

Maybe a lack of sugar. 

Could it be Sugar withdrawals; is there such a thing?

  Any who... Today started off like any other.  Worried about sticking to my plan.  What lunch and dinner would bring.  Help to plan the meal early.  I have breakfast, lunch and dinner already planned for Friday. 

  To think, I never use to know what I would want from day to day.  Now I find myself planning meals ahead. 

  Who would have thunk? Right??  For those who know me personally, this is a very BIG deal.  I never plan meals.  Fly by the seat of your pants; way better.

My friend called this picture 'Blessings over Freedom Tower'.  Rings true, doesn't it?

  So today, I needed plenty of 'looking at cool New York pictures'.  Good thing I can count on my twitter pals to help me out.  Are you on twitter?  I have seen so many tweets about the freeze warnings for the New York area, and others.  It is going to get down to below 32 Friday night into Saturday morning; in New York that is.

  Florida get into the 60 for only a few minutes; than it is back up to the high 80's.  Just my Fall and Winter luck.

  Moving right into my next thought.   Again today I stuck to my food plan, to the tea.  Despite the nagging inner urge to savor a fun size candy bar or two.  Three.  Four.  So here is what I cooked up for today's Diabetic Meal....

Breakfast
1 cup of milk {for my coffee throughout the day}
1/2 cup of Oatmeal
1/2 Banana

Lunch
Iceberg Lettuce {thank goodness it is a free food}
1 1/4 cup Strawberries
6 ounce Yogurt
1/4 Granola
1/2 cup rinsed canned green beans
2 Tbsp Lite Kens honey mustard salad dressing

Dinner
4 ounces Tilapia
1/2 cup cooked and chopped sweet Potatoes
1 slice of 100% Whole Wheat Grain bread
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup cooked Zucchini
1/2 cup cooked Eggplant
1 Tsp Butter

Check out this 360 degree view of Yankee Stadium.  Pretty snappy, don't you think? Yeah, me too.


  I sure did enjoy breakfast and lunch, dinner however is another story.  I am not a fish eater, unless it is tuna fish in the can.  The kind in water.  Albacore.  Than there is the zucchini, sheesh that was bad.  The eggplant wasn't to hot either; in taste that is.  We grilled the fish and the nonstarchy veggies together.  The Sweet Potatoes were the best by far; also cooked on the grill.

  The problem?  The plan calls for FISH 2 - 3 times a week.  Okay so, I'll try another kind of fish.  Once the bag of fish I already have is finished.  The nonstarchy veggies however, are going to be a problem.  I have never been a carrot, cucumber, broccoli type of gal; so imagine my panic when I seen where I have to add them to my meals.  Oh my word!

  I ate every drop.  Not because I liked it; rather because my health depends on it.  I mean, eat or starve.  Right?  Not me!!  So before I close.  I wish you a wonderful Thursday night, or Friday morning if you are reading this Friday, and leave you with one last New York photo. 

FALL in love with the Streets of New York




No comments:

Post a Comment