Friday, October 7, 2011

Never Tired; Always Ready....

As a Military Mom, during Deployments, I look for anything and everything to do.  "Keep yourself busy" is what my inner voice tells me.  So in search of "anything" and "everything" is how I begin my day.


in my Quest to stay busy....


Sweets are baked I  posted on that in my: Let the Cooking Begin: Sweets, Part Six blog; 


check it out..Sweets = Yummy, and there is nothing better than a house filled with the aroma of a freshly baked pie, or cake, or muffins, or ... you get the idea.

A Flag Pole is made...


With all the help from my sweety, we made a Flag Pole for my mothers flag.  Can't have Deployment without properly displaying the American Flag.  The Idea of making the Flag Pole out of PVC was mine, and the specks of how it should be put together was my sweeties.  He is so smart.  We had gotten the original idea from Texas, when we seen two houses displaying the American Flag  in the same fashion.  Our Flag Pole isn't made the same as theirs. 

The Parts...

The flowers...

My Sweety...

The Out come...



Outdoor Seating Area...



It started out to be a Fire Pit seating area.  I pictured family and friends sitting in front of a squarish Fire Pit, like the ones you can buy at Home Depot.  Roasted Marshmallows, star fill nights,  laughter... It Didn't happen.  So With the help of my mother, we made a wonderful outdoor seating area instead.   With the changing weather , I am going to look into adding an Umbrella,  along with a few wood flower pots to complete the area.



Early morning Breakfast ...


While the rest of the house sleeps.  While my sweety gets ready for work.  I  cook.  Hot breakfast is in the making and served right as my sweety sits at the table.  Now this was being done before Deployment, I am just getting better at it now.


Sisterly Gift...



Before my eldest sister, Marry Ann,  moves out of state, I have been working on a give for her.  Photos of our younger sister, mother, and family members.  Pictures my Marry Ann doesn't have.  Pictures close to our hearts.


And wood palettes are collected...





in the hopes of hanging a spice rack on the wall.  Seeing Wood Planters on my deck one day.  Adding wooden hanging lanterns in the garden or flower beds. 


Right now, I am looking for anything and everything to keep busy during this Deployment.






No comments:

Post a Comment