Friday, April 20, 2012

The Force, The Diva, The Princess, The Comic and The Baby...

When I tell people I have 5 Grand children, they hardly believe me.   Guess I don't look like the Grandma, Granny, MiMa, or Nana type, but let me be the first to tell you... I feel it.  Welcome to the world of aches & pains.


Me.  Nana of 5.  Mother of 3.  Military Mama of 1.  ME.
  At any given time there are more then a few gray hairs peeking through; and two bottles of hair dye to cover it up.  This was taken this past December 2011.  It doesn't change the fact that I have the greatest, cutest, loveable, and inventive grand children.

The Force...

Garrett is my first grandchild.  The first male born into the family.  Therefore the younger ones love being around Garrett.  He is of course, the person they look up to and is so smart.  From this photo, I am sure he is thinking "Mom, I am too OLD for Blue Bonnet pictures"!!  I can hear him say it now, as if he was standing right next to me.  Be ready to get into some deep conversations with Garrett.  By the time he was 2 years old, he could tell you the make, model, and year of a car.. just by looking at the tail lights.  His goal is to Fly Jets for the Air Force, and he has already checked the mechanics of Jets by reading about them from the library and studying them online.  Look out Tom Cruise, We have the next Top Gun in our family.


The Diva...
Jayla is my second grand baby.  The first born girl on both sides of the family, as you can see from the photo, she is DIVA from head to toe.  Anything dress up, heels and makeup is right down & up Jayla's alley.  Put her in the kitchen, and she will cook right along with you.  Take an Energy 5 drink when hanging out with Jayla, and you might even want to bring an extra one or two.  Jayla has a lot of Energy and is going places.  Move over Miss America!!


The Princess
Arianna is my third grand baby.  She is nothing like her sister and yet, like her in so many way.   Arianna is bound to meet her Knight, of course when she gets a lot older.  She is a watcher.  Taking everything in.  Learning by visual experience.  She leads not follows.  Give her dress up items, and you will have a Princess right before your eyes.  Arianna is sure about herself, has a very high confidence level and knows what she wants.  She will speak up fast if she feels she is correct about something.  She reminds me so much of my sister Gladys.  Her actions, her facial expressions, and even her disposition is just like my sister Gladys. 

Arianna and Jayla are sisters.  Best buddies and, like all sisters, get on each others last nerve.  Wherever one is, the other wants to be right along side her. 



The Comic...
Eli is my fourth grand baby.  The last born boy, so far.  In this picture he is eating the "Stinky" Cheese
he so carefully got off of the rack and sat quietly by himself as he indulged.  Unless he is really tired, Eli always has a smile n his face.  He knows what he wants, and watch out if you get in his way.  Even as a baby, you knew Eli was going to be a force to reckon with.  He is very head strong, willfull, and determined to get what he wants, when he wants it.  Even with all that, he will light up a room with his smile.  Make you laugh by just watching him, and loves with all that is in him.

Garrett and Eli are brothers.  Everything Garrett does, you will find Eli next to him copying it all.  Eli wants to be right next to his brother, watching everything, learning it all.  With the age difference, you know Garrett has his hands full.


and The baby
Jaycee is my 5th grand baby.  The last one born, for the moment.  She is young right now, but already  has her mommy and daddy wrapped around her finger.  The time I spent with her  was not long enough and showed me that Jaycee has things figured out.  She knows how she likes to be held, fed, and put to sleep.  Swaying away from the way she wants it, comes at a price.  I can not wait to watch her grow up, develop her personality, and make her mark on the family well known. 


There you have it... My grand babies.  My loves.  My life.


I couldn't be more proud of my blooming family tree.



Jaycee















Brothers.. Garrett and Eli

Sisters... Arianna and Jayla
















The best reward for being a parent...is being a grandparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment