Tuesday, April 2, 2024

A Caregivers Dreams...

I am a 59 divorced woman. I grew up in New York, moved to Florida with my family when my father wanted to give us children and my mother a better life, remained in Florida for my first and second marriages, moved to Texas with my third husband and remained their after my divorce; and then moved back to Florida when my Florida boyfriend decided he could not live anywhere but where he grew up. Small little town out side of Brandon Florida is where we rented a 4 bedroom 2 bath place on an acre of property. That relationship lasted 10 years before I realized the love of his Burbon was the only commitment he was able handle at a time. I am not keen on sharing. So, it was either me or the bottle. Needless to say, the bottle won. I wansn't going to wait another ten years for him to make up his mind. Took me a long enough to open my eyes. That was a relationship I was not willing to have. What I want, just may be only in the movies. I would like to think not, but so far.. the only proof I have is 3 failed marriages and one 10 yr failed relationship. Is it to much to ask for, a good relationship with a person who loves you like your children do, failure and all? I have three grown children, seven grandchildren, and now on great grandbaby. My life is complete, I have done well in that area. The only place I have really failed, is in Love. Then again, not everyone gets the rose garden, or a flower garden for that matter, or even a bushel of flowers.
Still, a full garden is what I long for. I am not fully against marriage, although I haven't had any luck in that area; I do long for the companionship. Dinner dates. Movie dates. Someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of. Someone to tell my troubles to and my hopes and dreams. Doen't see so far fetch, right? Then why is it so hard to find someone? Why is to so hard to find the person I am looking for? Is he still out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment